db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Java DB 10.5.2.1, was: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:33:59 GMT
Just a heads-up and a request for the community's patience:

Normally, the Java DB team produces a re-spin of every Derby release.
The Java DB team has discussed the impending 10.5.2.0 announcement and
we have decided that there is too much risk for us in re-spinning this
release. We believe that customers affected by DERBY-3926 have largely
figured out how to work around that problem because the bug has been in
Derby since 10.1. In contrast, the implications of DERBY-4331 are not
understood.

However, we have customers who want other fixes which are in the 10.5
branch. We would like to produce a Java DB 10.5.2.1 distribution which
would be the state of the 10.5 branch without DERBY-3926. What we
propose to do is the following:

1) Back out DERBY-3926 on the 10.5 branch.

2) Produce a distribution from the branch at that point.

3) Put DERBY-3926 back into the 10.5 branch.

We would like to warn the community that we are going to do this and ask
for your patience while we produce this distribution.

Thanks,
-Rick