db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 01:07:27 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> It seems to me that the reactions to this email thread were mostly
> negative.
It is hard to tell without a formal vote (which of course would take a
week) but I see a more mixed reaction on  the issue of posting the
release.   Some people say complete the release process, some say abort
and others think we should just stay in limbo a bit longer to research
impact.  I don't think there is a clear consensus.  There also seems to
be a similar divergence of opinions on whether and where to back out the
DERBY-3926 fix.

As Knut mentioned we have left releases with known wrong results
regressions on the site before without even a mention of the problem on
the download page.  I feel  like as release manager I should make a
decision soon and there is not time for a 7 day revote on 10.5.2.0.  My
inclination is to go ahead with the process and include the warning on
the download page.

Then there can be more discussion and/or a vote on the fate of the
current DERBY-3926 fix, separate from the release discussion.

Kathey