db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:53:40 GMT
Lily Wei wrote:

> Do we have an estimate in turn of how long it takes to fix DERBY-4331 .

I think this is an important point.  If DERBY-4331 is hard to fix or
nobody can look at it right now,  I think we should go ahead and release
10.5.2.0 with the warning.

> and knowledge in turn whether the fix will cause any further regression?

I think our testing for order by (and also group by) may be somewhat
thin based on past issues and this regression popping up.  Any ideas on
improved testing would be welcome. Perhaps DERBY-4112 would be helpful
in flushing out these cases where one plan works and another does not. I
don't think implementing such testing would be a quick fix by any means,
even if the fix for DERBY-4331 proves to be.

To ensure adequate time to fix the bug and do the proper testing, I am
still leaning on posting 10.5.2.0 with a warning.

Kathey