db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:59:13 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> As I see it, data corruptions are the worst kind of database bug,
> followed closely by wrong results. We have a precedent for pulling
> releases from our download site and I recommend that we pull the
> 10.5.2.0 release because of this regression. I think we should do one
> of the following also:
>
> 1) Produce a 10.5.2.1 RC with a fix for this regression or
>
> 2) Produce a 10.5.3 release in the autumn
>
> I vote for option (1) and am willing to serve as release manager for
> the remainder of 10.5.2.

+1 from me.

I'd like to see a maintenance release as soon as possible, but I think
we are best served if we fix the mentioned bug (DERBY-4331) and also
spend some time investigating the error reports from users on 10.5.1.1.
The reason I'm not in favor of (2), is that I believe we have some
important fixes in place already, and that some of our users would
benefit from them.

Thank you for volunteering to drive the release process, Rick.

Regards,
--
Kristian