db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:35:24 GMT
As I see it, data corruptions are the worst kind of database bug,
followed closely by wrong results. We have a precedent for pulling
releases from our download site and I recommend that we pull the
10.5.2.0 release because of this regression. I think we should do one of
the following also:

1) Produce a 10.5.2.1 RC with a fix for this regression or

2) Produce a 10.5.3 release in the autumn

I vote for option (1) and am willing to serve as release manager for the
remainder of 10.5.2.

Regards,
-Rick