db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 16:59:41 GMT
Knut identified a wrong results regression in 10.5.2.0, DERBY-4331.  I
normally would not want to make a release with a known wrong results
regression, but am not quite sure what to do with 10.5.2.0.  The vote
closed and passed. The release has been posted to the website, but no
announcement has been made.  Should we continue with the release or try
to abort and make  another release candidate?  If  we do abort, I won't
be able to be release manager as I am going out on vacation for a few
weeks on August 15.

Another issue is that DERBY-3926 which introduced the regression was not
listed in the release notes because it was still open.  One possible
option is to add a release note to that issue now and manually update
the release notes on the website (not in the distribution) to  include
DERBY-3926 and warn about DERBY-4331.  Then start working on another
10.5 release to be released fairly soon (a couple months).

Thoughts?

Kathey