db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Replication test failures
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:53:22 GMT
Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> The nightly runs on trunk(revision 793163) using ibm15 on Friday night
> had 19failures in replication tests (all failing for same reason
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: startMaster did not succeed.)
> and I wondered if anyone knew the cause of them.

It looks like all the failing tests failed to get a connection to the
slave within two minutes. There may be more information in derby.log on
the slave or on the master (should be available in the fail
directory). It's probably best to log a JIRA issue and attach the
information there. This is not one of the known replication test
failures, I think, but since they all fail the same way it sounds likely
that there is some test cleanup code that doesn't properly release all
resources or an environment problem of some kind.

--
Knut Anders