db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: should I check in merge changes to top directory?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:35:10 GMT

> I have noticed since I upgraded my svn client to:
> svn, version 1.6.2 (r37639)
>
> every time I merge a change to a branch the top directory (.) get's
> checked out.  This an example of  the change that it shows when I do
> an svn diff.
>
> Property changes on: .
> Added: svn:mergeinfo
>   Merged /db/derby/docs/trunk:r790433
>
> So far I have just been reverting . before commit but now I wonder,
> should I check this property change in?

I don't see that committing it does any harm, so I've been checking it
in. It does provide some extra information that may be useful in
queries, but I guess it doesn't provide very much value, at least not
until everyone doing merges has upgraded their clients to 1.5 or later
so that the information becomes more consistent.

--
Knut Anders