db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: should I check in merge changes to top directory?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:35:10 GMT

> I have noticed since I upgraded my svn client to:
> svn, version 1.6.2 (r37639)
> every time I merge a change to a branch the top directory (.) get's
> checked out.  This an example of  the change that it shows when I do
> an svn diff.
> Property changes on: .
> Added: svn:mergeinfo
>   Merged /db/derby/docs/trunk:r790433
> So far I have just been reverting . before commit but now I wonder,
> should I check this property change in?

I don't see that committing it does any harm, so I've been checking it
in. It does provide some extra information that may be useful in
queries, but I guess it doesn't provide very much value, at least not
until everyone doing merges has upgraded their clients to 1.5 or later
so that the information becomes more consistent.

Knut Anders

View raw message