db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lots of errors in the sun trunk nightlies especially on vista
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:22:32 GMT
Hi Kathey:
     I am running 10.5 on an updated workspace on Vista now. I set sane=false in my ant.properties,
clobber and remove old jars. Some of my sysinfo is the following:
Java Version:    1.6.0_13
Java Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home:       C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6
Java classpath:  c:/derby/10.5/tools/java/junit.jar;c:/derby/10.5/jars/sane/derb
yrun.jar;c:/derby/10.5/jars/sane/derbyTesting.jar;c:/derby/10.5/tools/java/jakar
ta-oro-2.0.8.jar;c:/derby/10.5/classes
OS name:         Windows Vista
OS architecture: x86
OS version:      6.0

     Once I have the result from suites.all, I will email to derby-dev.

Thanks,
Lily

________________________________
From: Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:42:04 PM
Subject: Re: Lots of errors in the sun trunk nightlies especially on vista

Lily Wei wrote:
> Hi Kathey:
>      I just run suites_all on trunk with [C:\derby\trunk\jars\sane\derby.jar] 10.6.0.0
alpha - (793999M) to test my fix for Derby-2504. I only see three failures and two errors.
I saw those errors when my CLASSPATH and my jar files were not sync up. However, that was
the reason I was having those failures. I attach my output for the currently run with Window
Vista.
Thanks Lily for trying on Vista.  I just did an update and suites.All run on the  10.5
branch and  don't see these (or any) failures on Windows XP with the IBM 1.6 jdk.

Would you be willing to try a 10.5 run on an updated workspace on Vista with no  changes
and the Sun 1.6  JDK.  Ideally you should put sane=false in your ant.properties, clobber
and remove old jars before you build and make sure your classpath points to the jars and not
classes.
Kathey