db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roles Support for dblook
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:14:57 GMT
One more question.
We initially intended to use a dependency graph to capture the dependencies
among different roles. But looking at the SYSROLES table and the existing
role handling code I'm not sure whether we really need that. Isn't creating
all the roles in one swoop and then performing all the grants (also recorded
in SYSROLES table) sufficient? I can't seem to realize how this will break
any inter-dependencies among roles.
Thanks,
Hiranya

--