db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Roles Support for dblook
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:51:23 GMT
Hi Folks,
I'm now into implementing roles support for the improved dblook
implementation. Current dblook implementation simply creates all the roles
and does the necessary role grants, before start creating other persistent
objects. I guess I could do the same reusing most if not all of the existing
code. However I think in the new implementation we need to capture the
dependency a persistent object may have on a role. Can somebody please let
me know where these dependencies are recorded? Is it in the SYSDEPENDS?

Secondly we need to set the necessary role before going on to creating any
object. What is the SQL for this? Is it something like SET ROLE {ROLENAME}?
Also I guess I might have to 'unset' roles after creating an object? Is that
correct?

Thanks,
Hiranya Jayathilaka