db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject mailjdbc runs with 10.5.2.0 release candidates
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:32:07 GMT
I have running the mailjdbc test for embedded and network server on SuSE
Linux with IBM JDK 1.6.   I used the release candidate product jars but
used a modified testing jar with the following changes:
1) Changed the backup user to be the dbo (REFRESH) so we could do
compress to work around  DERBY-4295
2) Removed the SetTransactionIsolation() call in insertMail to work
around DERBY-4312.

Both are still running. Below are my results:

Network Server run:
Started:  2009-07-17 05:04:54.636 GMT
ERROR 40001: deadlock - 2 times very early in the run.
ERROR 40XL1 - lock timeout - 1 very early in the run
ERROR 23505: primary key constraint violation - 1053 times
ERROR 23503: foreign key constraint violation -1 time well into the run
on 7/25
Refresh thread interruptions - none
database Size - 273353 according to du -sk mailsdb

Embedded run

Started: 2009-07-23 14:39:00.236 GMT
ERROR 40001: deadlock - 620 times
ERROR 40XL1 - lock timeout - none
ERROR 23505: primary key constraint violation - 1702 times
ERROR 23503: foreign key constraint violation  - none
Refresh Thread interruptions   11654
database size - 217091 according to du -sk mailsdb

I think with the test as is we will call this a successful run. There
was no corruption.  With the compress now happenning I did not see the
out of disk space issues that we had with 10.5.1.1, but there still may
be some slow growth. For the first few days the size hovered around
100MB and for the last couple it has been over 200MB. Lily thought the
Refresh thread interuptions were ok, although I don't really understand
them fully and why embedded would see them so often and client not at
all.  The locking differences are also curious.

Kathey