db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject ERROR XBM06 in nstest
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:36:49 GMT
Myrna had asked me about this error in the derby.log when running
org.apache.derbyTesting.system.nstest.NsTest

ERROR XBM06: Startup failed. An encrypted database cannot be accessed
without the correct boot password.

I ran the test for abut an hour in DerbyClient mode and did get this
error twice, but I also see in the test output two messages like this
that make it sound expected:

2009-07-24 14:07:18.468 PASS - Unsuccessful attempt to boot with old
password/url,
jdbc:derby://localhost:1900/restoredir\nstestdb;bootPassword=12345678
--------------------- ENCRYPT AND RECONNECT  S E C T I O N  END

In the test output I see 43 failed inserts like: "FAIL: Tester2Thread 38
insert failed"
due to lock timeouts.  I don't know if these are expected or not but was
concerned because it output "FAIL"

Kathey