db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Can anyone explain very slow replication tests?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:14:44 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> While investigating DERBY-4303, I noticed even on the nights that the
> IBM 1.5 tests all pass the suites.All run is very slow, taking  about
> 10 hours.  IBM 1.5 derbyall seems reasonable and IBM 1.6 suites.All on
> the same machine are all fine.
The bad news is that my report of the length of the runs with IBM 1.5
SR7 was wrong. Suites.All was actually taking about 14 hours.  The good
news is that Myrna updated the nightly build machine to use IBM 1.5 SR9
and last night took about 2.8 hours which is totally reasonable.  I will
let it run a few days to make sure the runs don't deteriorate and then I
think open a bug and close it invalid so it is there for reference if
anyone sees performance issues with IBM 1.5 SR7 on Windows.

The new version is.

java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
pwi32devifx-20090327 (SR9-SSU ))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
j9vmwi3223-20081129 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20081126_26240_lHdSMr
JIT  - 20081112_1511ifx1_r8
GC   - 200811_07)
JCL  - 20090327

I am not actually sure what that SSU stands for.

Kathey