db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bug triage for 10.5.2
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:22:19 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> At this point, all of the chunks of bugs have been claimed.
Thanks everyone who did this, especially Dag for coordinating and those
that took multiple chunks.  I think it was really good to have it split
up so that folks could take the time to try repros, attach new ones etc.

I think after going through the process and thinking about urgency with
relation to a release, I would propose the following changes to the
process for next time.

1) Make urgency specific to a release by also setting the fix version
field for open bugs.
For issues marked Urgent or Blocker I think it would be good to also
mark a fix version.  That way we could manage urgency for multiple
releases and I think could safely get rid of High value fix.  I think in
the past there was some objection to setting fix version on open issues,
but it is still indicated I noticed in the release process [1].

2) Set a regular schedule for this triage.  Once a month for new issues
(those with no urgency marked) and  a full pass again about 2 months
before release.  Hopefully with more time the triage will have more
impact on bug fixing decisions.

Kathey

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease