db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Can anyone explain very slow replication tests?
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:57:12 GMT
While investigating DERBY-4303, I noticed even on the nights that the
IBM 1.5 tests all pass the suites.All run is very slow, taking  about 10
hours.  IBM 1.5 derbyall seems reasonable and IBM 1.6 suites.All on the
same machine are all fine.

I didn't do a full analysis of the suites.All output (attached) but
noticed as an example this replication test that took 45 minutes:

testReplication_Local_TestStraightReplication used 2504937 .

When I ran the same test on my machine (also Windows XP) with the same JVM.
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
pwi32dev-20080315 (SR7))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
j9vmwi3223-20080315 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20080314_17962_lHdSMr
JIT  - 20080130_0718ifx2_r8
GC   - 200802_08)
JCL  - 20080314

It took about 29 seconds:
testReplication_Local_TestStraightReplication used 28844 ms .

The IBM 1.6 run on the same nightly machine on the same day took 64 seconds.
testReplication_Local_TestStraightReplication used 64404 ms .

Any ideas what might cause this test to take so long?

Thanks

Kathey