db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Roles Support for dblook
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:10:44 GMT
Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
> Hi Folks,

[ snip - dependencies ]

> Secondly we need to set the necessary role before going on to creating
> any object. What is the SQL for this? Is it something like SET ROLE
> {ROLENAME}? Also I guess I might have to 'unset' roles after creating
> an object? Is that correct?

Hi Hiranya,

Yes, you set a role using "SET ROLE", see the reference manual for more
details.
You  may also want to have a look at the RolesTest test in the
tests/lang directory.

To "unset" a role, I think you have to use "SET ROLE NONE". This should
take you back to the initial state for a connection regarding roles. I
*assume* setting a new role while having one already will simply unset
the existing one.

As far as I know, there is no way to set a "default role" for new
connections, but there is a Jira issue [1] to track this feature.

Regards,
--
Kristian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4162