db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Lots of errors in the sun trunk nightlies especially on vista
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:18:48 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> These tests have not finished yet but seem to be showing quite a few
>> failures on trunk especially vista:
>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.6/testing/testlog/vista/793955-suitesAll_diff.txt

> Hi Kathey,
>
> I don't know that much about these test runs, but I do observe that we
> had a similar incident a week ago [1], and further that we had similar
> incidents further back in time.

Thanks for pointing this out Kristian. I wish we had picked up on it
sooner. I see instances dating back to 4/6/2009, which I think is before
10.5 branched. (I am not sure how to tell when a branch was created.
Does anyone know?)

 Mamta reported that she got these errors yesterday on her XP box so is
trying to reproduce now. Lily got clean results on Vista, so   I think I
am going to go ahead and make the release candidate while this is being
investigated.  If it ends up to be a serious product issue, we can cut
another RC.

Meanwhile I will log a bug.

Kathey