db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject 10.5.2 draft release notes
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:58:48 GMT
Please review the attached RELEASE-NOTES.html file for the draft release
notes for 10.5.2.0.  I expect a few more bugs to be added.

I followed the process at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleaseNoteProcess to generate these
release notes and it all went very well.  I didn't have to remove the
DOCTYPE as the documentation suggests and our 2 release notes were well
formed. In the end I only had a couple of questions for our  vacationing
ReleaseNoteGenerator experts for contemplation upon their return.

1) I noticed the releaseID is picked up from
tools/ant/properties/release.properties not from releaseSummary.xml like
the other values.  It is however in releaseSumary.xml.  Would it make
sense to switch this to pick up the value from releaseSummary.xml or
should we just update the documentation to say release.properties needs
to be updated?  I prefer the former, but there seems to have been some
amount of effort put into making this value come from release.properties.

2)  I added 10.5.1.1 to the  excludeReleaseID list  but its use has once
again escaped me.   My fixedBugsList.xml had all bugs fixed in 10.5.1.2
and there didn't seem to be anything to exclude from that list.  Myrna
explained this all to me once before but I seem to have forgotten and
want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Thanks

Kathey