db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Question regarding DERBY-4208 Parameters ? with OFFSET and/or FETCH
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:23:34 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> It would be good to see clear documentation of this feature as a
> non-standard
> implementation, maybe with some note that if a standard comes in this
> area we
> may change the behavior to match it.

After reviewing everyone's input I think that I'd be ok if we go ahead
with the extension in this particular case, if we have such a disclaimer
in the documentation.  Is this acceptable to all?

It does feed temptation to do something similar with DERBY-728 (DRDA
UNICODEMGR), so maybe it does grease the slope a bit, but we can discuss
that *later* if needed.

Kathey