db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [Fwd: mixed revision client server testing testing]
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:21:23 GMT
I think Lily accidentally sent this to me instead of the list.   Here is
my response:
Thanks for doing this testing Lily.  For 10.5 client/10.3  I assume you
meant 10.5 derbyclient.jar and 10.3 derbyrun.jar, derby.jar,
derbynet.jar,  derbytools.jar and derbyTesting.jar.

The failure
1)
testResultSetGarbageCollection(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.AutoGenJDBC30Test)java.sql.SQLException:

Insufficient data while reading from the network - expected a minimum of
6 bytes and received only 0 bytes.  The connection has been terminated.

looks like a serious issue and then it looks like the server was  not
available for the other fixtures after this occurs with: A
communications error has been detected: Connection reset. message.
Please log an issue and see if this reproduces when the test is run
stand-alone. It should be marked as  a regression, critical and Urgent
for 10.5.2.

The failure:
1)
testGetBinaryStream(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.LargeDataLocksTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:

expected:<0> but was:<2>
shows locks being held with testGetBinaryStream which also looks like a
regression. Please verify when the test is run stand-alone and file a
bug.  I think Major, regression and Normal urgency I think.

I think this one:
2)
testDSReference(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.DataSourceReferenceTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:

expected:<18> but was:<19>
is an expected change due to an extra method on the DataSource.

So I think you get 2 points.

Kathey