db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on inconsistent behavior for grant execute on procedure SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 19:26:20 GMT
Hi Mamta:
     I am trying with the third option. In my changes, I have assertStatementError("38000",
cSt); I have not test this yet. I am hoping this will run with error until you find a solution
of it. Is that a way to only run GrantRevokeDDLTest instead of the whole tests/lang?

     I can help looking at the issue too if I can. :-) I want to help as much as I can.

Thank you, Mamta.
Lily

________________________________
From: Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:00:23 PM
Subject: Re: Question on inconsistent behavior for grant execute on procedure SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE

Yes, it is definitely a good idea to add the test case to
GrantRevokeDDLTest. But I am not sure if we want the test to keep
failing on people's machines as well as machines which run the tests
periodically.

We can do one of the following 3 things
1)I can enter the test once I find the resolution for it
2)you can go ahead and add the test but comment it out for now.
3)One other possibility is to add the test and catch the incorrect
exception for now so the test does not fail and once we have the fix,
the test should not runinto exception anymore.

thanks,
Mamta