db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hudson continuous build for Derby trunk
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:05:16 GMT
Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:

> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> It seems like it would be useful for the Hudson build to build the docs,
>> even if it doesn't publish them to the website, just to verify that they
>> build successfully after each change.
>>
>> Similarly, if this isn't already occurring, it would be useful for the
>> Hudson build to build Javadoc. I know that I often forget to verify the
>> Javadoc build when checking a patch.
>
> Hi Bryan,
>
> That's a good idea, and I'll give it a try.
> The only thing needed (I think) is that the ant script returns with an
> error code when an error is found in the JavaDoc. Hopefully, that's
> how it is already.

I don't remember that we've had problems with javadoc errors. Are you
talking about javadoc warnings (which we frequently introduce by
accident)? If so, could the warnings plugin be used for this?

http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Warnings+Plugin

> We have the choice of running this together with the build itself, or
> as a separate job.
> The downside by running it together with the build itself is that a
> build error will hide the JavaDoc error.

I think that's an acceptable trade-off. If the build is broken, I
wouldn't care too much about javadoc problems until the build has been
fixed.

--
Knut Anders