db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hudson continuous build for Derby trunk
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:05:16 GMT
Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:

> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> It seems like it would be useful for the Hudson build to build the docs,
>> even if it doesn't publish them to the website, just to verify that they
>> build successfully after each change.
>> Similarly, if this isn't already occurring, it would be useful for the
>> Hudson build to build Javadoc. I know that I often forget to verify the
>> Javadoc build when checking a patch.
> Hi Bryan,
> That's a good idea, and I'll give it a try.
> The only thing needed (I think) is that the ant script returns with an
> error code when an error is found in the JavaDoc. Hopefully, that's
> how it is already.

I don't remember that we've had problems with javadoc errors. Are you
talking about javadoc warnings (which we frequently introduce by
accident)? If so, could the warnings plugin be used for this?

> We have the choice of running this together with the build itself, or
> as a separate job.
> The downside by running it together with the build itself is that a
> build error will hide the JavaDoc error.

I think that's an acceptable trade-off. If the build is broken, I
wouldn't care too much about javadoc problems until the build has been

Knut Anders

View raw message