db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Jira field definitions
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:31:28 GMT

Thanks for your prompt feed-back, Kathey!
Comments inlined.

>> Doc: This is technical severity and not really a priority (see Urgency
>> field for that property).  Think of these values as severity 1 (trivial;
>> least severe) to severity 5 (most severe: blocker).
> Perhaps it is just what I am used to but I tend to think of a Severity
> 1 as a blocker down to Severity 5 as trivial.

I agree, will reword that.

>> Comment: What is the relationship between this field and High Value
>> Fix flag? Could it subsume High Value Fix?
>>

> I think it could, but there are fairly hard issues like DERBY-700 and
> DERBY-1433 which may not have a high urgency with regard to a specific
> release but are very important because they are ticking time bombs or
> bombs that have already gone off.   These issues might have a higher
> urgency for 10.6 than 10.5.2 but development is going on for both and
> we don't have a release manager for 10.6 yet, so how should they be
> evaluated in terms of Urgency?

Good point. Unless we can come up with a way to encode this, I suggest
we keep the flag for now.I guess what we'd really need is two urgency
fields, one for the upcoming release and one for trunk.. If that
sounds unpalatable, I suggest we keep the flag for now?

> It would be good to refer to the Wiki page regarding making release note:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleaseNoteProcess#head-8bfe22837d50a10f61f410c927336eabc682b62f

+1, Will do.

> I think "Seen in production" is useful.

+1.