db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Re: Issue with JUnit - 0 tests?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:51:16 GMT
Thanks to Kathey, we were able to find out the problem and the
solution for the issue. It turns out that the test has the following
check on the suite() method:

if (!Derby.hasServer() ||
!Locale.getDefault().getLanguage().equals("en") ||
JDBC.vmSupportsJSR169())

Since the locale on my machine is probably set to Portuguese, it
wouldn't run the test at all. The solution was to override the locale
with the following properties:

-Duser.language=2-char-language-code -Duser.region=2-char-country-code

Set it to any anglophone country, with the respective 'en' language
code and it all starts working.

Tiago

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Tiago Espinha <tiago@espinhas.net> wrote:

> Well, they both are there (and I also checked that the jars were in their directory),
along with the rest of all the jars. I have been using the same set of commands to set the
classpath so this shouldn't be it...

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> Tiago Espinha wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Has anyone ever faced an issue when running JUnit tests where no fixtures from
a test are ran?

>> I think if derbynet.jar and derbyclient.jar are not in the classpath, the network
tests will be skipped.  Could this be it?

>>> Here's what I get exactly:
>>> ------------------8<-------------------------
>>> C:\cygwin\home\Tiago\Derby\Testing\TempTest>java junit.textui.TestRunner org.apa
>>> che.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.NetworkServerControlClientCommandT
>>> est
>>>
>>> Time: 0
>>>
>>> OK (0 tests)
>>>
>>> The odd part is that this test was running (and failing) yesterday, and now it
acts as if there are no fixtures in the file. I'm looking at the file in Eclipse, and there
is the testPing() fixture in it. I've also done ant clobber, all and buildjars more than once
with no luck. What's even more odd, is that with the very same patch (the latest on DERBY-4217),
if I try to run this test on an Ubuntu Virtual Machine, it does run the one fixture in it.