db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting ASF machine resources for Apache Derby
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 02:12:09 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Kristian Waagan<Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:

> If I get feedback on how the build/publish process of the manuals are
> carried out (specifically if it follows the process outlined on the Derby
> web page), I may be able to pursue solution (1).

The instructions on the website for building the docs should still be
accurate. If it is not, we should update it so that it is.

Once the docs are built, I've simply been copying them to
people.apache.org with scp. e.g.:

scp -C -r //path/to/docs/trunk/*
fuzzylogic@people.apache.org:/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev

I'm not sure how you would publish the docs in a CI setup on a shared
machine. I'm using public key authentication to my personal account on
people.apache.org, which is not something you would want to set up to
your own personal account with a shared account on a shared machine.
But, the account that is used to copy the docs to people.a.o has to
have the necessary write privileges in the docs directory, which is
currently the db unix group, i.e. any DB project committer. Maybe
someone working with one of the CI engines will have some insight as
to how this is handled by other projects.

andrew