db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting ASF machine resources for Apache Derby
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 00:14:24 GMT
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Kristian Waagan<Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:

>>> The first step would involve at least the following steps:
>>> 1) Obtain a Solaris zone.
>>> 2) Agree on who should have access to the zone (PMC chair will be the
>>> initial owner).
>>
>> I don't understand why the PMC chair needs to be so heavily involved. I
>> can promise you that this PMC chair will pass the responsibility onto more
>> knowledgeable people in a New York minute!
>
> I think this is ASF policy, but I'll check if it has to be the PMC chair or
> just a PMC member.
> If the chair has to do anything, I expect it will only be formalities and
> I'll help you out as much as I can.

The PMC chair needs to request a zone from infrastructure:

http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html#establish

Once that is done, the PMC chair becomes the root user of the zone and
can then add other users.

FYI, for builds, besides a zone there are now several options for
continuous builds at Apache, see:

http://ci.apache.org/

I might have a little time to help with setup once the zone has been
created. Let me know.

Thanks,
andrew