db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Please include issue title in comments when committing fixes (including backports)
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:35:42 GMT
Sometimes I need to  use svn log to query a range of changes on a branch
to see what has changed.

I would  most appreciate if committers could include the issue title in
the commit comments so
it is easy to see what changed without going back to Jira. For example:
DERBY-4182 SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE does not reclaim
space lost from an aborted insert

backporting svn #778926 from trunk to 10.1 branch....

instead of:
DERBY-4182

backporting svn #778926 from trunk to 10.1 branch....

Thanks for accommodating my laziness #:)

Kathey