db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Lindenhofer <lindenho...@webdynamite.com>
Subject Error in Bulk-Export documentation
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:43:15 GMT
Hi,

I think there is an error on the page
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/tools/tools91.html#HDRSII-IMPORT-92876

> To export the result of a SELECT statement to a file, use the
> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_QUERY procedure. The procedure definition is:
> *SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_QUERY(IN selectStatement VARCHAR(32672),
> IN tableName VARCHAR(128), IN fileName VARCHAR(32672),
> IN columnDelimiter CHAR(1), IN characterDelimiter CHAR(1),
> IN codeset VARCHAR(128))*

I was wondering why I need a table name when I provide a query. In the
examples and on other websites I found that I do not need a table name
and the correct procedure definition is:

> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_QUERY(IN SELECTSTATEMENT VARCHAR(32672),
> IN FILENAME VARCHAR(32672), IN COLUMNDELIMITER CHAR(1),
> IN CHARACTERDELIMITER CHAR(1), IN CODESET VARCHAR(128))

KR and many thanks for derby!
Thomas

  Thomas Lindenhofer (Development)
  WebDynamite IT Solutions GmbH
  Landstrasse 49, A-4020 Linz, Austria
  http://www.webdynamite.com
  +43 / 732 / 777 810 - 27 (fixed)
  +43 / 732 / 777 810 - 50 (fax)
  Firmenbuchnummer und -gericht:
  FN 205355v, Landesgericht Linz

TOP NEWS: BlackBerry®-Schulungen für Administratoren, IT-Leiter und End-User
Details unter: http://webdynamite.com/index.php?id=184