db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jira field definitions
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:47:00 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Dag.Wanvik@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> posting a new version incorporating comments I have received so far,
>> thanks everyone! If not further comments arise, I will put this
>> version up for a vote in a day or two. Process issues are decided by
>> simple majority and the vote should run for at least 72 hours
>> (http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html).
>>

> Not so, Knut reminded me that DB has a week minimum voting period:
>
> http://db.apache.org/management.html
>
> "Voting
>
> The call for a vote on issues not detailed here may specify
> requirements for passage. The minimum and default requirement for a
> passing vote is simple majority of PMC members casting ballots. The
> default voting period is 10 days and the minimum is 7 days unless the
> success or failure is arithmetically known."
>
> Dag

Alternatively, you could propose the first slug of changes under lazy
consensus. You would say "Here's my proposal, which I intend to
implement in 3 days if there are no objections." See
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html and
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus I think we
just want to ensure that we give decent notice to people who may have
objections.

Thanks,
-Rick