db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hudson continuous build for Derby trunk
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:26:50 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> It seems like it would be useful for the Hudson build to build the docs,
> even if it doesn't publish them to the website, just to verify that they
> build successfully after each change.
>
> Similarly, if this isn't already occurring, it would be useful for the
> Hudson build to build Javadoc. I know that I often forget to verify the
> Javadoc build when checking a patch.

Hi Bryan,

That's a good idea, and I'll give it a try.
The only thing needed (I think) is that the ant script returns with an
error code when an error is found in the JavaDoc. Hopefully, that's how
it is already.
We have the choice of running this together with the build itself, or as
a separate job.
The downside by running it together with the build itself is that a
build error will hide the JavaDoc error.

Expect me to introduce a temporary JavaDoc error in the near future :)

--
Kristian