db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Jira field definitions
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:35:15 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> You're the next release manager. If you want to publish some
> easy-to-evaluate rules for filling-in this field, I'm happy to
> sanity-check this field too when I triage my lump of JIRAs. Something,
> for instance, which mapped check boxes to Urgency values, like this:
>
> Data Corruption => Blocker
> Crash = > Blocker
> Wrong query result + Seen in production + has no workaround => Blocker
> Performance + Seen in production + has no workaround => Urgent
> Security + Seen in production + has no workaround => Urgent
> Everything else => Normal

Well wouldn't it be nice if our standards were that high #:)    Truth is
we have let many of the things that would fall under  Blocker with these
rules go release after release.  Ultimately things that really should be
fixed will get pushed off the list yet again, but I do suppose we could
come up with some set of rules for a bulk update and use that as
starting point for compromise.    I will think about it.

Kathey