db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Jira field definitions
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:19:01 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> This is what I intend to do during the triage:
>
> 1) Sanity check the Issue Type field.
>
> 2) Sanity check and mark all applicable check boxes.
>
> Those fields plus the user votes will give me the information I need
> to guide my bug fixing.
I guess that would bring me back to Urgency then.  Dag said:

"Doc: This is the field used for dynamically reflecting scheduling
opinions and decisions; when a release manager is appointed, typically
a release manager will "own" this field to reflect how she sees how
issues should be prioritized for fixing prior to a release
("releasability"). Presumably, no release will be made if there is a
"blocker" left. This field also takes likelihood of users hitting a
bug into account; Priority a.k.a. Severity does not.  After triage, no

bug should have the "none" urgency.

"

It seems reasonable that the release manager would be able to use this
field to mark issues as Blocker or maybe even Urgent, but it seems it
would be a bit cumbersome to rank all of the issues with his/her
personal opinion and as you say individuals will use whatever method
they like to prioritize their bug fixing for non-blocker issues.

Kathey