db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Getting ASF machine resources for Apache Derby
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:17:38 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>>> I don't understand why the PMC chair needs to be so heavily involved. I
>>> can promise you that this PMC chair will pass the responsibility onto more
>>> knowledgeable people in a New York minute!
>>>
>> I think this is ASF policy, but I'll check if it has to be the PMC chair or
>> just a PMC member.
>> If the chair has to do anything, I expect it will only be formalities and
>> I'll help you out as much as I can.
>>

> The PMC chair needs to request a zone from infrastructure:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html#establish
>
> Once that is done, the PMC chair becomes the root user of the zone and
> can then add other users.

Thanks, Andrew.

I have sent a mail to the PMC.

> FYI, for builds, besides a zone there are now several options for
> continuous builds at Apache, see:
>
> http://ci.apache.org/

Thanks for the information. It seems wise to use the existing ASF
infrastructure. I expect we will discuss this in more detail when
someone is ready to start doing some work.

> I might have a little time to help with setup once the zone has been
> created. Let me know.

Great! A first step would be to outline the process, unless it is
already documented?
Is http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html pretty close to the
existing process?

Regards,