db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.5.2 Maintenance release planning
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:01:08 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Now that everyone has started to catch their breath from 10.5.1.1,  I
> think that it would be good to start planning for a 10.5 maintenance
> release.  I think a good target date would be Monday, July 27, with
> release candidate two weeks before.  This would give enough time to
> get initial feedback from 10.5.1.1 and hopefully address any serious
> issues as well as fix a number of other bugs.  I am willing to manage
> the release.

I would like to proceed with this schedule despite the fact that there
are a lot of vacations in July and the jury duty notice I just got in
the mail.  We already have a number of great fixes and some more close
to completion.  I don't think this will require the same rigor of
testing as  10.5.1.   If needed, we can delay a bit and I can pass the
torch to someone else.  The release candidate target would be Tuesday,
July 14.  That will give us almost six weeks for what I hope will be an
intense bug fixing effort.

Please let me know if you have any objections, otherwise I will make the
Wiki page this afternoon.

Kathey