db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to run org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTest
Date Sun, 31 May 2009 03:03:08 GMT
Tiago Espinha <tiago@espinhas.net> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> According to DERBY-2446, the junitTests/derbyNet/CompatibilityTest.java is the
> last test using that old junitTests framework. Does anyone have a clue on how
> to actually run this test?
>
> I tried "java
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTest"
> and then Kathey suggested the addition of -Dframework=DerbyNetClient but it is
> still a no-go. Is this test even ran as part of either suites.All or derbyall?

Hi Tiago,

I haven't run the compatibility tests myself for a long time, but I
think they need to be run separately with ant. They have never been part
of suites.All or derbyall, as far as I can recall.

There is a README.html file in the junitTests/compatibility directory
with instructions on how to run them.

--
Knut Anders