db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problem for the Japanese characters on the documentation page
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 17:09:34 GMT
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks to me like something went wrong with the Japanese characters on the
> Derby documentation page:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html#latest
>
> Commit 770047 looks like a suspect, and I've just committed a change to fix
> the problem.
> I only committed a change to the result file (HTML), as the relevant source
> hasn't been changed since late March 2007.
> My theory is that the problem observed was caused by a bad build or commit,
> not invalid source.
> Does that sound feasible?
>
> I updated manuals/index.html (r771249) on people.apache.org a few minutes
> ago.
>

> --
> Kristian

Thanks for finding this...
But I think your commit undid some changes I had put in at Kim's request.

With relevant source, you mean, this particular area? For I did update
the manuals/index.xml also with revision 770047. I guess I didn't
check the diff closely enough?

I'm trying to avoid making the same mistake in the future - but I'm
not sure how I could avoid this. I'm building on windows, maybe that's
the difference?

Regards,
Myrna