db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject IRC meeting for bug review and High Value Fix list
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 18:23:36 GMT
I would like to plan a bug review meeting on  #derby IRC on Monday, June
8  at 15:00 UTC (that's 8:00am PDT), (5:00pm CEST)  if I figure this
correctly.

Since we have a lot of open issues, I would like to focus this meeting
on the High Value Fix Candidate list:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&customfield_12310200=High+Value+Fix&resolution=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

The goal of the meeting will be to get this list down to  a list of  40
issues that the community agrees will offer highest return on time
investment.  Currently the list is at 53. Some will come off and I am
sure others will be added as part of this process.

The way the game works is *before* the meeting (by Friday June 5)
everyone goes through whatever lists they like and marks the open issues
they think  belong on the list by checking the checkbox in Jira.  You
may find the reports on this page useful:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJiraReports.  If you added an issue
to the list, you can take it off, but you can't take off an issue
someone else marked high value, without getting their ok by posting your
request to have it removed to the Jira issue.

Come to the meeting ready to advocate for your issues. At the meeting,
we go over the high value list ,and trim it down to 40.  Bumped issues
will get a comment in Jira with an explanation and of course can go back
on the list once we clear the backlog a bit.

Does anyone have any objections to the format of the meeting?
Will someone volunteer to be secretary and summarize to the list and
make the agreed upon Jira modifications?

Also please look at the Wiki page definition of High Value
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HighValueFixCandidates
Questions:
    Is this definition ok or could it be made clearer?
    Should the list include improvements and  testing  build tool issues
or just bugs?
    Should we include documentation?  I think DERBY-4165, DERBY-4034,
and DERBY-1209 would make nice additions, but of course that eats into
our 40.

Thanks

Kathey