db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.5.2 Maintenance release planning
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 13:19:05 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Now that everyone has started to catch their breath from 10.5.1.1,  I
> think that it would be good to start planning for a 10.5 maintenance
> release.  I think a good target date would be Monday, July 27, with
> release candidate two weeks before.  This would give enough time to
> get initial feedback from 10.5.1.1 and hopefully address any serious
> issues as well as fix a number of other bugs.  I am willing to manage
> the release.
Hi Kathey,

Thanks for volunteering to cat-herd the maintenance release.

> Does this date sound good to others?  I noticed Rick doing some
> initial work on localization. Is there a chance we will have localized
> messages by  mid July?
That's the target date which I suggested to our localization team. They
did not balk at that date so I think it is likely we will have
localizations around then. In case the localizations are a little late,
I hope you can be flexible about the release date.

Looks like Dag is putting some thought into how to triage our bugs.
Thanks, Dag!

Regards,
-Rick