db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject extra column in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with group by in view
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 17:45:47 GMT
I have user report that DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() on a view with a
group by returns an extra column.  Attached is the reproduction.  Run
the create.sql script and then run the program ViewTest. The bug is a
regression in 10.3 (Latest on the 10.1 and 10.2 branch works fine and it
still exists in trunk.)

This sounds very familiar so I was wondering if there is already an
issue filed.  The closest thing I could find was
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3141 which was regarding
ResultSetMetaData and an order by.  I haven't checked yet to see if the
ResultSetMetaData is also wrong.

Kathey