db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject What is the syntax for cross-manual references in the docs?
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 23:16:52 GMT
I'm working on fine tuning some of the new XPLAIN table docs,
and one of the suggestions was:

   [in the Tuning guide] in this topic you might want to point people to
   the Reference Manual for info about the tables

I think this is a great idea, but I'm not sure what the proper syntax
is to pull this off. Is this where I use a <xref> tag?

Specifically, if I want to change a page in the *Tuning* guide to
have a reference to the rref_xplain_tables.dita#rref_xplain_tables reference
topic in the *Reference* guide, what syntax do I need? Is it something like:

   <xref href="../ref/rref_xplain_tables.dita#rref_xplain_tables">See the
   XPLAIN tables section in the Reference guide for more detail.</xref>

thanks,

bryan