db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Crowell <JimCrow...@EMail.com>
Subject Java Class in Derby Table column?
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 18:52:57 GMT

Hello,
I am developing a Java Stand Alone Application. Presently the data entered
is saved in HDD files of the host. Soon I will be changing the HDD files
structure to the Apache Derby  Data Base. I am commencing to layout the Data
Base tables.

For my Address Book feature I have implemented a Java TreeMap component with
the following “Ordered Pairs”:
‘key’
Encoded String to uniquely identify the person name.
‘value’
A custom Java Class that contains the person’s control, contact info and
personal info. The contact info and personal info parameters are maintained
in their own custom Java Classes.

Question:
Basically I would like to place the Java TreeMap into a Derby  table and
update just the appropriate “Ordered Pairs” as they are entered by my end
user. end.

Can I setup a 2 column table as follows:
‘Column 0’		The TreeMap ‘key’, i.e. the encoded person name.
‘Column 1’		The custom Java Class.

I am using Java 1.5x, Eclipse and Win XP Pro development platform.
I am also testing on a Mac OS X 10.5 [Leopard] node.

Regards,
Jim Crowell...

-----
Regards,