db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From DaveG24 <dave4ar...@gmail.com>
Subject Slow Query
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 18:21:08 GMT

Actually, I have a pretty complicated query that runs fine in ij and takes
about 1 second to return 0 rows.  When I start my Java application, point to
the derby.jar that contains my database, and run the same query, it takes 42
seconds to return 0 rows.  Needless to say, I'm perplexed.  I can tune
queries in the database, but I've never had a fast query go so much slower
from an application.

My Java application is a standalone app, all running from a directory
structure that contains the jars and the database.  It also contains jre
1.6, and the database is derby 10.5.1.1, running on Windows XP.

So, it's not really a derby problem - I don't think - but I don't know how
to attack it.  I thought I'd see if anyone out there has experienced
anything like this.

Thanks!

Dave