db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Incorrect Runtime Statistics
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:03:52 GMT
JR <jlr787s@gmail.com> writes:

> I checked out and built the 10.4 branch and am seeing inconsistent
> results when requesting the runtime statistics for a prepared
> statement. I've tracked it down to the "isTopResultSet" check in the
> NoPutResultSetImpl.close() method. It seems that "isTopResultSet"
> doesn't get changed for the second (and subsequent) executions of
> insert and delete statements. This causes the runtime statistics
> update logic to be skipped and will return the stats for the wrong
> statement.

Hi,

I'm wondering if the problem you're seeing is a side-effect of
DERBY-827. Before, a new result set would be created each time a
statement was re-executed, so all the flags were implicitly reset on
re-execution. Now, the result set objects are reused (which
significantly improved the performance) and that means that variables
must be reset explicitly between executions. DERBY-827 was fixed in
10.3.1.4, and I actually see the behaviour you're describing in that
version, whereas 10.2.2.0 behaves as expected. I'll file a bug report.

Thanks,

--
Knut Anders