db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preliminary results from testing the 10.5.1.0 RC
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:21:00 GMT
Ole Solberg <Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM> writes:

> I looked a little closer at this:
> The failure appears to be in
> Embedded_40/PredicatePushdownTest/test_predicatePushdown.

That's probably the known instability in that test, then. (DERBY-3819)

> The test run later hangs and is aborted by the testing environement....
>
> The full log of the test run is here:
> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/debug/10.5.1.0_RC_jvm1.6-64_sparc_suitesAll.zip
>
> This was on Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC 64bits.
> A similar hang is also seen on Solaris Express Community Edition snv_95
> SPARCbits.

Do you know which test is hanging? Is it possible to modify your
environment so that it takes a thread dump before aborting the test?
(Maybe you've already done so, but I couldn't find a thread dump in the
zip file.)

--
Knut Anders