db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preliminary results from testing the 10.5.1.0 RC
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 07:38:37 GMT
Ole Solberg <Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM> writes:

> I did another run on sparcN+1 aka Solaris Express Community Edition
> snv_95 SPARC.
> (And on sparc aka Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC 64bits, which is
> not yet finished.)
>
> The tests do NOT hang but takes more than 10 hrs on these platforms,
> when our test environment just kicks it out!

Could it be this bug? http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6471009

I seem to recall that it used to make suites.All take a very long time
on older releases of Java RE 6. It was only seen on the server VM, I
think, but the 64-bit JVM only supports the server VM, so you can't work
around the problem by using the client VM. Could you try with a newer
JVM and see if the problem is still there?

--
Knut Anders