db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject draft for release announcement
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:55:43 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking of putting the announcement out with the following
text, please give me your feedback - I'd like to send this out
tomorrow.

Thx,
Myrna

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce a new bug-fix release
of Derby, 10.5.1.1.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.5.1.1 can be obtained from the Derby download site:
     http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Derby 10.5.1.1 contains, among other things, a first implementation of
an in-memory database, additional support for SQL features, and
improvements in CLOB and BLOB performance and usability. In addition,
Derby 10.5.1.1 contains many bug and documentation fixes.

Please try 10.5.1.1.