db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.5.1.1 release candidate
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:26:31 GMT
>> Please test and vote on the second 10.5 release candidate, 10.5.1.1
>> (revision 764942), available at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby-10.5.1.1-RC2/

+1
I am somewhat worried about the database and index corruption issues
and hangs I saw (DERBY-4075 and DERBY-4181, especially). But it
appears those are with specific machines/jvmversions/builds and not
with others. As I don't have a clear repro nor hypothesis, it would
mean holding up the release indefinitely.

I would like to urge the community to plan for a point release off the
10.5 branch later in the year after we have a chance to fix some of
the issues found during testing of this candidate (soon to be
release).

Myrna