db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject intending to cancel 10.5.1.0 vote, keep testing...
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 04:46:31 GMT
Dear all,

I think there are still bug reports of testing coming in (I know I
still have some failures to analyze and also need to add findings to
the wiki pages) and not all critical issues have been addressed yet. I
also want to spend some more time on the corruption issue I ran into
(but no one else).
So I think making another release candidate next Monday is premature.

I think the following issues currently need looking into:
- Blocker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4122 - ClassCastException
in SQLClob when running in soft upgrade mode (10.4.2.0 -> 10.5.1.0) -
(being worked on)
Critical:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4127 -
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in DatabaseMetaDataTest when run in
Soft Upgrade mode

And I believe we need come to some conclusion about DERBY-4121
(Documentation: more UPDATE_STATISTICS fixes needed for Reference
Manual and Tuning Derby)
I know work is in progress on DERBY-4122 (see above) and DERBY-4128:
Failure in ServerPropertiesTest due to
java.security.AccessControlException on the server side, in 10.4 to
10.5.1. soft (upgrade mode)
Mamta said she was working on a releaseNote.html for DERBY-1062
(Change the internal implemetation of SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE to
share existing alter table)/

Please let me know if there is another issue you want to make the
release wait for.

Regards,
Myrna

Mime
View raw message