db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Guidance on JDBC testing
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:07:40 GMT
Hey everyone,
I have just run in on a behavior and I would like an opinion on the best way
to solve it.

The deal is, I have a JDBC test that uses both client/server and embedded
drivers; however, on one of the fixtures, the data on a table (that I am
using decorateSQL to create) is changed. As a result, the embedded test runs
fine, but when the client/server comes on, it errors out since the data on a
table isn't as expected. I know this is the case because if I try to comment
out either of the drivers, the other test runs fine.

Now, given this scenario, what would be my best option? It seems that the
decorateSQL is really just ran once for the whole test, suggesting that the
tables don't really get dropped, not even between the different drivers.
Should I delete all the data from the table on each fixture and insert it
back on? Or is there a more orthodox way of approaching this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Tiago